A Parent’s Guide:
Health & Nutritional Challenges Affecting Our Children
Empowering parents and their children.
After many years of raising my own two children and working with adolescents at the Teenage Resource Center in California, I can say without a doubt: You want your children to have a better start in life than you did.
You’re ready to sacrifice for your children’s health, to teach them self discipline, self-reliance, and be responsible for their actions. But most of all, show them to be kind, honest, thoughtful, generous, and respectful to others. You want your children to understand that every life is precious, and helping the less fortunate is the highest moral. After many years of trial and error, the best way I know how to do that is to fill their hearts with love and their stomachs with good nutrition.
Being a parent today is different than it was yesterday. However, some things will never change, like getting them to clean their rooms or do their homework. But as a parent today, we’re faced with problems never faced before, such as:
- Teaching them down to earth values when a media-centric society believes you can never be too rich or too thin.
- Getting them off the couch when channel surfing and playing video games are the new norm.
- Getting them to play outside when all the fun is with indoor games.
- Having them eat healthy foods when fast food is tasty, cheap and socially desirable.
- Getting them to participate in family time when there are so many outside distractions.
This is a challenge, but in spite of all these obstacles, one thing hasn’t changed. Just like your parents, you want to be the best parent you can be, and you want nothing but good things for your children.
Here’s the good news: As a parent and role model, you have a profound influence on your children. The sooner you take steps to identify and understand the leading health problems affecting your children today, the better prepared you will be in case “health and nutritional challenges affect your children.”
Our Children’s Health
More then ever, our children’s health is at risk because of what our kids eat — too much processed food, too much junk food, too much fast food. When you say to your kids,“eat your fruits and vegetables,” what kind of response do you usually get?
Those of you who have never heard of Juice Plus+ will be impressed by a survey of 150,000 parents which shows that children who take Juice Plus+:
- Eat less fast food and more fruits and vegetables,
- Drink fewer soft drinks and more water, and
- Visit the doctor less and attending school more.
If you need a healthier lifestyle for your children, we suggest you try Juice Plus+. Also, please talk to us about how kids can eat for FREE!
WHAT IS THE JUICE PLUS+® CHILDREN’S HEALTH STUDY?
Established in 1999, the Children’s Health Study is a large-scale, multiyear survey designed to formally document the positive effects Juice Plus+ has on the health and wellness of families who take it. We’ve gathered more than 150,000 responses.
The study of your child’s health is based on three important concepts:
- Good nutrition is the foundation of health and inspires other healthy lifestyle choices.
- The best time to establish good health and nutritional habits is during childhood.
- Parental involvement is the key to getting children to adopt good health habits.
FINDINGS FROM THE JUICE PLUS+® CHILDREN’S HEALTH STUDY
After only one year on Juice Plus+, parents reported that their children and teenagers …
“JUICE PLUS+ FOR THOUGHT.”
“Food for thought,” the food & whole food supplements our children eat have an enormous impact on both their short and long-term brain health. You could say, “Our brain’s are what we eat,” especially when it comes to addressing your child’s brain health.
- Good nutrition is your first and most important step — “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” When we talk about food, we’re talking about foods that are rich in building blocks, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to nourish your child’s brain.
- JUICE PLUS+: is such a “rich-whole-food-supplement“ that is non-GMO and gluten free; contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives; and contains no added starch. Click Here to see their full product label.
Juice Plus+ provides your child’s body with important phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals with less than 1 gram of carbs per 2 capsules. Health and nutrition experts now recommend MORE than five servings of fruits and vegetables every day to dampen inflammation. That’s not always easy, but Juice Plus+ makes it easier. It helps supplement their diet with the most important active ingredients found in fruits and vegetables without their high sugar content. Whole fruits and vegetables provide the basis for numerous other Juice Plus+ scientific studies (click here).
For a complete list of Juice Plus+ products please click here.
Talk with a parent who has been there and understands, give us a call, Reinhard & Elisa Hermes, MS, at 301-882-7765, or fill out our Contact Form on the right side—we can help.